Position Name: Global Legal Practice - Senior Associate / Associate (Immigration Services)
Industry: Management and Technology Consulting
Location: India Remote ( WFH)
Experience Range: 5-7 years
Basic Qualification: LLB/LLM/Degree in immigration law/ Diploma in immigration law
Travel Requirements: Not required
Exusia, Inc., a cutting-edge data and information management consulting firm, seeks a self-starter to join our global Legal practice as a Senior Associate / Associate, depending on experience and capability.
This position is in reporting to the Head of Operations and the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in optimizing the immigration services in the legal vertical of the firm. In this capacity, the Associate will work closely with the legal leadership team on immigrant and non-immigrant visa matters for the business and interact directly with employees, prospective candidates and vendors in India and the U.S. He or she will be responsible for driving internal and external communications (via email and phone, and across various time zones) relating to his/her assigned functions. Attention to detail and direction; clarity of spoken and written English; seamless execution/follow-through; and discretion are of utmost importance.
What’s the Role?
· Work end to end on all immigrant and non-immigrant visa matters for South Africa, UK and US (including but not limited to: H-1B, L-1A, L-1B, PERMs, I-140, I-485 etc.)
· Review and process incoming documents.
· Under supervision of senior legal counsel, oversee the provision of all immigration legal services, including the provision of legal advice on eligibility, review of all applications, and on-going case management.
· Advise on legal consequence of business decisions and proactively flag & escalate the same.
· Participate in training and work closely with stakeholders to implement program protocols relating to immigration.
· Optimize record keeping, track data and report upward to the reporting managers.
· Maintain case information in internal filing systems with little or no supervision.
· Manage junior staff apropos immigration matters.
· Actively communicate and act as a liaison between Exusia’s in-house and immigration partners, vendors and any other associated stakeholders in the chain of successful business delivery.
Criteria for the Role!
· A minimum of 5-7 years of experience as an attorney practicing in visa matters for U.S., South Africa and UK business immigration practices.
· Proactive, innovative self-starter; possesses excellent communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills; high attention to detail; practical and result-oriented; displays an “ownership” mentality; assertive.
· Has working knowledge of immigrant and non-immigrant visas for US, UK & any other applicable geographies that Exusia expands into including but not limited to: H-1B, L-1A, L2, PERMs, etc.
· Excels under pressure and maintains poise while working independently and with limited structure.
· Ability to think and work across various international time-zones and cultural mores and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Flexible and adaptable; able to learn new skills and master changing responsibilities quickly.
· Excellent written, oral, and analytical skills; precise and direct.
· Interpersonal and organizational skills of the highest caliber.
· Experience working with diverse individuals and communities & in a dynamic, start-up environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook a must.
Nice-to-Have Professional and Technical Expertise
Prior visa experience and understanding of visa documentation that would be required for submissions to the various consulate.
Exusia (http://exusia.com/) is a global technology consulting company that empowers its clients to gain a competitive edge by accelerating business objectives and providing strategy and solutions in data management and analytics. The company has established its leadership position by solving some of the world's largest and most complex data problems in the financial, healthcare, telecommunications and high technology industries.
Exusia’s mission is to transform the world through the innovative use of information.
Exusia was recognized by Inc. 5000 and by Crain’s publications as one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the world. Since the company’s founding in 2012, Exusia has experienced an impressive seven years of revenue growth and has expanded its operations in the Americas, Asia, Africa and UK. Exusia has recently also been recognized by publications such as the CIO Review, Industry Era, Insight Success and the CIO Bulletin for the company’s innovation in IT Services, the Telecommunications and Healthcare industries and its entrepreneurship. The company is headquartered in Miami city of Florida, United States with development centers in Pune, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Gurugram, India.
Interested applicants should apply by forwarding their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To thrive with your data, your people, processes, and technology must all be data-focused. This may sound daunting, but we can help you get there. Sign up to meet with one of our analytics experts who will review your data struggles and help map out steps to achieve data-driven decision making.
Fill out this form to get a 30-minute Data Strategy Session with one of our analytics experts.