Department: Sales and Delivery Team - Empower
Industry: Information Technology & Services, Computer Software, Management Consulting
Location: Pune/Hyderabad/ Remote (Anywhere in India)
Experience Range: 3 - 12 years
Basic Qualification: Master/Bachelor of Engineering or Equivalent
Travel Requirements: Not required
What’s the Role?
Full-time job to work with Exusia's global (Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia) clients to deliver on bleeding-edge data-driven solutions by performing business and data analysis, data modelling, data mapping and translating functional requirements into technical specifications. Work with Client Product Owners & Business SMEs, Exusia Solution Architects and Senior Application Designers/Developers.
Criteria for the Role!
· Have a minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Data Analyst and Data Modeler
· Master of Science (preferably in Computer and Information Sciences or Business Information Technology) or an Engineering degree in the above areas.
· Experience working in an agile software delivery model is required.
· Prior data modelling experience is mandatory preferably for DWH/Data marts
· Self-motivated and proactive in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent communication, creative problem solver, flexible, proactive, attitude to learn newer tools/technologies
· Own and Lead Data Analysis and data modelling activities
· Discuss & document data and analytics requirements with cross functional teams and business stakeholders.
· Analyse requirements and come up with technical specifications, source-to-target mapping, data and data models
· Data profiling and cleaning data for data analysis. Interpret data, analyse results, prepare data analysis reports.
· Perform Data validation and testing to certify data
· Collect, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information to project team & business stakeholders.
· Manage changing priorities during the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
· Able to create Logical and Conceptual data models for business and functional users
· Understanding of ER and Dimensional modelling techniques like Star, Snowflake or Constellation
· Hands on experience in implementing Star Schema and Relational (Normalized including 3NF) models is mandatory
· Should have implemented physical data models for a variety of RDBMS and cloud hosted databases
· Strong understanding of different types of facts and dimensions
· Hands on experience with data modelling tools like Erwin, ER Studio, InfoSphere Data Architect (IDA)
· Strong SQL or python skills for carrying out data analysis and data profiling
· Transforming business/functional requirements into technical specifications.
· Capturing data mapping / data transformation and business rules logic using source to target mapping templates
· Hands-on exposure to SQL and NoSQL databases and able to write pseudo-code for ETL requirements.
· Data validation and testing using SQL or any tool-based testing methods
Nice to have skills
· Exposure to scrum master or product owner role will be desirable
· Knowledge of data processing / ETL using Ab Initio / SAS / SSIS / Python / Scala / Apache Spark / Databricks
· Exposure to one or more Cloud platforms – Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
· Experience with BI/Reporting such as Cognos / SSRS and Data Visualizations Tools like Power BI, Tableau, Qlik
· Exposure to Data Governance projects including Metadata Management, Data Dictionary, Data Glossary, Data Lineage and Data Quality aspects.
· Experience and knowledge of one or more domains – Banking & Financial services, Healthcare, Supply Chain/Inventory Management, Logistics Telecom
To thrive with your data, your people, processes, and technology must all be data-focused. This may sound daunting, but we can help you get there. Sign up to meet with one of our analytics experts who will review your data struggles and help map out steps to achieve data-driven decision making.
Fill out this form to get a 30-minute Data Strategy Session with one of our analytics experts.